Suarez earns his second Golden Shoe award
Suarez netted 40 goals to pave Barca's way to a second straight La Liga title. Napoli's Gonzalo Higuain scored four fewer than him while Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo, who won the award last year, had 35 to his name.
Suarez won his first the Golden Shoe in the 2013-14 season with Liverpool. Being level on 31 goals with Ronaldo that season, the 29-year-old striker had to share the prize with the Portuguese.
Brazilian Jonas Goncalves, top scorer of the Primeira Liga with Benfica, finished fourth with 32, ahead of Bayern Munich's.
Polish striker Robert Lewandowski (30), and Swedish Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 'king' of Ligue 1 with Paris Saint-Germain (PSG).
The top scorers in European leagues:
1. Luis Suarez (Uruguay, Barcelona) 40 goals, 80 points
2. Gonzalo Higuain (Argentina, Napoli) 36, 70
3. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal, Real Madrid) 35, 70
4. Jonas Goncalves (Brazil, Benfica) 32, 64
5. Robert Lewandowski (Poland, Bayern Munich) 30, 60
6. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden, PSG) 38, 57
7. Lionel Messi (Argentina, Barcelona) 26, 52
8. Islam Slimani (Algeria, Sporting Lisbon) 26, 52
9. Harry Kane (England, Tottenham) 25, 50
10. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon, Borussia Dortmund) 25, 50.
Source: Bangladesh's First Internet Newspaper