ACCRA, Ghana, Aug. 18, 2015 / PRNewswire — From 13-15 October, 2015, Accra will host a delegation of plantation owners, agri-traders, investors and government officials coming together to tap the vast commercial opportunities in Africa’s three major cash crops — palm oil, rubber and cocoa.
Honorable Minister Fiifi Kwetey, Minister of Agriculture, Ministry of Food & Agriculture, Ghana will open the summit with an official speech on ‘Masterplan for Ghana’s Agriculture Industry including New Regulations and Policies for Investment’. He will be joined by key players including — Siat Gabon’s Chief Operating Officer — Gert Vandersmissen outlining the ‘Sustainability in Rubber and Oil Palm Plantations’ in Africa, Olam International’s Vice President — Gurinder Goindi talking about ‘Sustainable Cocoa Program and Value Chain Activities in Ghana’ and President, Oil Palm Development Association in Ghana — Samuel Avaala sharing details of ‘Boosting Palm Oil Production in Ghana’. Other topic highlights are:
- Liberia: Oil Palm Sector and the Rubber Value Chain — Agro Inc
- Cameroon: Palm Oil Plantations and the Governments Implementation Program to Improve the Industry — Ministry of Agriculture & Rural Development
- Rejuvenating Cameroon’s Cocoa Industry — Institute of Agricultural Research for the Development (IRAD)
- Gabon: Developing Large Scale Sustainable Plantations in PPP — Olam Gabon
- Nigeria: Upstream and Downstream Investment Opportunities in the Rubber Industry — Rubber Research Institute of Nigeria
- Nigeria: Stepping into the future of Palm oil production and processing — The Okomu Oil Palm Company
- Development Equity and its Role in the Palm Oil Sector — AAF’s Palm Oil Investments in Sierra Leone and DRC — Golden Oil Holdings
The summit also spotlights on Solidaridad West Africa’s initiatives for small & medium scale farmers in the oil palm sector, PalmElit SAS’s latest oil palm breeding/ disease resistance technologies, ICL Specialty Fertilizers’ sustainable plant nutrition concept and Biotec International’s first large-scale biogas plants in Africa.
Other noteworthy line-up include Hardman & Co commenting on cocoa market in Africa and Africa Renewables talking about biomass in West Africa and an optional site visit to GOPDC, on 16 October, 2015.
Meanwhile Yara Ghana, Olam and ICL Specialty Fertilizers have joined as Platinum Sponsor, Dinner Reception sponsor and Associate Sponsor cum Exhibitor respectively. Also exhibiting at the summit are GRAINE and BIOTEC.
Visit event website or contact Ms. Hafizah at +65-6346-9218 and email@example.com for more details.